A blog/portal of web sites and things of interest to Monty

Monty's Muse

Thursday, July 3, 2008

How Could I Forget: System Restore

Well I was reading through some old threads on NotebookReview.com Forums, trying to decide if I needed to do a system reinstall to get the D410 back the way I liked it before, before the multiple accounts. I'm reading along there and had a V-8 moments, "I could have done a system restore!" Well I wasn't sure that I could do a system restore to fix something as big as establishing an administrative user account but it was worth a shot. So the first restore point before the episode was Sunday night so that's what I went for. Five or so minutes later and a restart and I am right back to where I was at before. Just one user, no selecting a user on start up and the Intel PROSet Wireless working perfectly again! Woohoo! Looks like no harm done and everything is good with the D410 again.

Next step...dual boot, think it is between Kubuntu 8.04 and Mandriva 2008.1 Spring. Stay tuned!

Monty

No comments: